Friday, January 23, 2009

When you least expect it....

I got a huge surprise...blessing....prayer....email today.....

It seems that when we least expect it, God knows when to send a special person our way....sometimes an old friend we've been out of touch with, sometimes a family member, or perhaps even a stranger.....but it's definitely true that when we least expect it....God showers us with just the amount of blessings we need.....

I get an email from an old friend today....letting me know he's heard the news of my "story" and how sorry he is for it....how he knows God's gonna get the glory from all of this and how he knows Christ will be honored for the way I have handled this whole ordeal. What's amazing is that I have barely spoken to this friend in over a year, yet a tragedy in his life and mine and the power of prayer connect us both at this time....how wonderful to know that he has been praying for me this entire time, yet I didn't even know he knew....true friendship doesn't require seeing each other everyday, spending countless hours together, it just requires a love for each other and a faith in a common God that can see you through....so to my special friend, I say "thank you" for putting a bright spot in my day and making me realize that when you least expect it, some one's always praying you through....caring....thinking....and still loving you....

I'll leave you with the verse he left me....

“He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God.”
Romans 4:20

No comments: