Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Let them go....

Everyone has problems...troubles....trials...hard times....broken hearts....broken dreams.....it has been my experience in the past that I tend to let these difficult moments tiptoe into my future, ruining some of what could be the happiest and best experiences of my life. And for what reason? Because I am afraid to let go? Afraid to let God have the lead? Afraid I will get hurt again? I often fail to realize that " When God closes a door, He always opens a window"....and although that window might seem smaller, less attractive and harder to get to.....most often the view is so breathtaking, you wonder why you didn't go that window in the first place!

I'm tired of letting my broken past predict my untouched future....I'm tired of being scared, tired of letting what happened yesterday make me miss out on today and its blessings. So my new goal is to learn from the past, but let that be the end of it. Accept each day as a NEW blessing from God....let people in....learn to trust....learn to jump in and feel the wonder of each exciting moment God has for me in this awesome world! Wouldn't it be incredible if we could "learn to write our hurts in the sand and carve our blessings in stone!" So I have decided it's time to take all that hurt, all those problems....truly give them over to God and LET THEM GO!

No comments: