Monday, January 19, 2009

Looking beyond the surface....

So much of my life was spent around people who looked at what was visible to the eye and made an instant judgment. From the clothes people wear, to the tattoos on their skin, the length of their hair, where they went to school, where they did or didn't go to church.....you name it, people could judge you for it. It makes me sick to my stomach that these people call themselves Christians, yet their actions are as far from "Christ like" as you can get.

So I am in a new place in my life, where I refuse to judge anyone for anything.....I am all about looking beyond the surface to see what's really inside and searching for ways to appreciate each and everyone that God has placed on this earth. Some of the most precious and amazing people in my life right now are people I would have been looked down upon for even speaking to....but it's those people who are missing out on the greater blessing, for when God chooses to use someone who has had a "past", made mistakes, taken the wrong road a time or two, you get such an amazing result in the end....someone who is so grateful for every day that they treat it as a precious gift, someone who is so blessed by your friendship that they hang on every word. Someone who wants to be a better Christian yet they know they fall short every day ....someone who I'd never been blessed to know and my life would not be as special....had I refused to LOOK BEYOND THE SURFACE....

No comments: