Monday, October 15, 2012

Let go and let God...

Today is one of those regular days....you know, everything is just "normal." My students come to class, we go through the motions, everyone participates...they blow me away with their responses to "would you rather" journaling which leads to an in depth discussion. However, it's at the end of the day when I finally exhale from what seems like the breath I've been holding all day, I realize (although my husband hates this expression) that it IS just too much! There's too much paperwork, too many folders, too many responsibilities, too many meetings and I have just much on my plate that it's crumbling to the ground. It only takes a phone call from some one you love more than life itself to put everything back in perspective. Cancer is a word I never thought would be a part of my "story." No matter how small, what type, when or where....cancer is NEVER a good thing. So now the mounds of paper work seem so trivial, the craptastic mess of a classroom can wait....for now, what really matters are the people in your life and how much they mean to you. You are never promised tomorrow, but God's many blessings come in the form of another human being that changes your life forever. I'm no where near strong enough to handle this on my own...so I'm letting go and letting God.

No comments: